Friday 30 March 2012

Herr Johnson

Walk straight down the old dirt track,
past the house, and round the back.
Behind the house, an old man sits.
Reading a book thats falling to bits.

Do you read? he asks,
with a complicated smile.
I reply quite suddenly,
suddenly shy.
No sir i am afraid not,
i just cant find the time, its time i forgot.
The grandfather puzzles,
sat there in his chair.
scratching his head, disrupting his hair.
Well you cant just... not read!
Ive never heard such a thing,
humans must read!
just as the birds must sing.
well i am sorry Herr...?
Johnson, johnsons the name,
well Herr Johnson tis no way to behave.
I am warey from travel,
and ready for grave.
Forgive me young man,
Age goes to my head,
I feel i need to say somthings,
before i am dead.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment