Saturday 10 March 2012

The Song



Three days i spent in Salisbury.
Just out of town about one mile.
Past the police station,
Church and trains.
Until finally i arrive, a green, pale green house with white trim.
Already one day late i enter.
A jolly man greets me, and shows me around.
For some time after that i enjoyed the company of those around me.
Music all around me, one lounge and a kitchen some rooms and a court.
There to write, so i set about the task by rolling outside.
It’s summer.
Watch me, watch me turn to stone and isn’t it amazing.
Words i never thought of by myself.
I sang for a while until someone heard me.
Have you heard? And so on.

For three days... or maybe it was four, i spent singing,
As the sounds of the piano played with my guitar.
For four days or maybe even five, sat spent making music.
What are you? I'm just Skin and Bone.
Semi-professional on a farm some way out of Salisbury
         I spent a couple of days.
         Playing games.
Six months down the line and I’m to spend a day in Salisbury.
The sky was less blue. The time still flew above.
Finally, relieved.
I sat up and said my goodbye.
I’ll see you soon?
... I had fun too.
Yes, Definitely.


No comments:

Post a Comment