Saturday 10 March 2012

In the Cow Feilds


 In the Cow Feilds,

The strangeness of a silent echo in my head,
Staring into the darkness of my closed eyes.
Closed are the barriers that connect me
To you, too them and to the world
Here sitting and waiting seems like forever, and ever and ever.
Soft mush beneath as I lie in the grass,
My head turns to pulp. Conscious thought escaped me long ago.
Such a shame on a day of today’s calibre!
Fibres in my coat turn against me, rub against me! Turning me on it, and it on me.
Strongly satisfying, the wind is cruel and kind, drawing to keep busy.
The sun will rise then and I will leave, maybe, I will leave.
Time and time again I will be back, maybe, I will be back.

Haunting has my place of solitude become, soothing and scalding my mind.
Twisting and treating this illness, until my fingers are numb.
Thoughts escape me again and again, they away
With no fear of reprisal, no fear of repercussion, no human regret I am helpless to stop them.
So, watching my thoughts leave as the sun rises losing myself as the world wakes up,
                                                 I am calm,
But not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment